Tuesday 30 September 2008

I'll Drink to That

I'll drink to that, I'll drink to anything and everything, that keeps the spirits high and flowing befriended strangers from going oh anything will do, to occupy the mind of a fool.

Some put their trust not in god but in vanities. Capital drives the fruitless slog and perpetuates insanity. I put mine in the competent hands of the barkeep. I'd rather be propping the bar up, than have the whole world baring down on me.

Yes, I'll drink to that, I'll drink to anything and everything, that keeps the spirits high and flowing befriended strangers from going oh anything will do, to occupy the mind of a fool.

How awful it must be to be terminally employed. Why toil away at trifles when you can be permanently devoid of all the qualities that make up the so called modern man? I'd rather be ridiculed than ridiculous with a glass held in my hand I say...

I'll drink to that, I'll drink to anything and everything, that keeps the spirits high and flowing befriended strangers from going oh anything will do, to occupy the mind of a fool.

For every dram of pleasure I've swallowed and ocean of pain. With all my heart invested and not a penny to my name. The thanks I get is equal to the sum of worthless acts of kindness less than none are a part of the qualities that make up the so called modern man. I'd rather be ridiculed than ridiculous with a glass held in my hand I say...

I'll drink to that, I'll drink to anything and everything, that keeps the spirits high and flowing befriended strangers from going oh anything will do, to occupy the mind of a fool. I'll drink to that, I'll drink to anything and everything. Even to enemies, their health, their families, their wealth, oh anything will do to keep me from the horrors of solitude.

Written by Marmaduke Dando Hutchings

No comments: